Why do workplaces like yahoo have volleyball and that if you give people time to stay fit, they will produce better results for the company.
For those of you who do not work in a place that offers fitness activities, it still is very important to incorporate exercise into your workday. Though it may feel like one more thing to do, there are actually great benefits, besides just burning calories.
Here are some ways that exercise can improve your mind, not just your waist line:
- Increased energy level: It is easy to feel lethargic after sitting at a desk for 8 hours straight. That’s why exercise and body to another activity can actually create more focus on tasks.
- Decreased stress level: Stress seems to be a normal part of the workplace for most people. Though it is normal for many, it is not healthy and increase your productivity.
- Less prone to illness: Exercise and make you feel more stressed to catch up to your normal productivity level.
- Goal-setting mind-set: Committing to an exercise routine and success in the workplace.
- Helps creativity: People often have tons of ideas in their minds, but aren’t sure what to do with them. When you put your body in motion, your ideas form with more clarity and a framework is developed that can be used in projects. Whenever I feel stumped about the solution to a project or idea, I get physical. The solution often arrives when I am not forcing it, but am letting my mind do its own process as I focus on my body.
The problem at work could be a myriad of things: you’re too tired, you’re stressed, you don’t feel well, or you just can’t meet that monthly goal. The solution to overcoming fatigue, stress, and ready to perform to your highest ability.
Laura Tirello is a Career and personal lives. Are you looking for ways to turn your ideas into goals? Get a copy of my *free* special report: “5 Ways to Eliminate Idea Overwhelm”. Visit corelifedesign.com for more information. Laura can be contacted at Laura@corelifedesign.com